Payroll and Benefits Administrator / Accountant
Jump.ca is looking for a motivated and skilled Payroll and Benefits Administrator/Accountant to join our Accounting and Finance team in Regina. Reporting to the Manager, Accounting and Finance the successful candidate would be responsible for managing and performing all aspects of payroll and benefits processing as well as some processing of accounts payable, accounts receivables and some reconciliation functions. The position demands an individual who excels in performing detail-oriented work where accuracy and timeliness are highly critical. Above-average working knowledge of common Microsoft Office 365 and other software, particularly spreadsheets & payroll programs is required.
At Jump.ca, our purpose is simple: to create amazing experiences for our customers, communities, and our employees. We strive to hire the best people in Saskatchewan to help our province stay connected. From wheat fields to city streets, from offices to homes, wherever you are, we’ll have you covered.
As SaskTel’s largest authorized dealer with 19 retail locations, we offer wireless, internet, TV, home/commercial security, and repair services to customers across the province. Founded locally over 20 years ago, we are recognized for our outstanding service, innovative products, and employee well-being.
- Create and maintain employee payroll records for all employees.
- Prepare and run semi-monthly payroll for approximately 125-150 employees, both hourly and salary.
- Prepare and distribute detailed payroll and benefits reports.
- Coordinate health benefits and documentation.
- Liaise with management/supervisors to ensure timesheets are updated promptly and accurately.
- Respond to employee and government agency inquiries regarding payroll.
- Responsible for vacation and sick days validation and update.
- Prepare and submit all required Record of Employment (ROE).
- Responsible for payroll year-end duties, i.e. T4, T4 summary, and other year-end forms.
- Administer WCB and OH&S reporting.
- Perform payroll-related accounting entries and reconciliations.
- Prepare government filings and remittances.
- Inventory reconciliation and bill posting.
- Investigation of discrepancies and follow up with store management/Corporate Team.
- Preparation of journal entries including supporting documentation.
- Account reconciliations.
- Administrative and other ad hoc duties.
- 3+ years of experience working in Saskatchewan Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Degree in Business or diploma in Accounting & Payroll administration (or related Payroll certification).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and payroll software programs.
- Strong numerical aptitude and high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently to ensure key deadlines are met.
- Working knowledge of relevant legal regulations.
- ca offers an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package as well as flexible working arrangements.
How to Apply:
Please forward cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org ATTN: Payroll Admin